Tldr; i got a woman ive been seeing casually pregnant, and havent made up my mind on how to deal with it. I want any and all advice that isnt founded on religious bias.

Background: met this woman some months back at a work event. We dont work for the same company but we do business with them.

She’s older (40), the sort of career oriented dime that everyone fawns over but has been in childless LTRs forever. Super fit, high earning and smart. She’s also pretty cool, but considering the age gap, just for fun.

She hasnt been on birth control, we’ve been using condoms, but we’ve had two accidental condom slips (yes it’s a thing if you go for too long or arent careful), one of those times she got a plan B.

With her age and the literal 1-2 times or so of ANY potential for pregnancy, this strikes me as a fucking unlucky circumstance. I would advise anyone reading to seriously fucking reconsider believing in condoms as a good BC option.

Of course, i thought maybe it’s not my doing. But at this point i think im good at reading women and dont think she’s seen anyone else. No matter what, i’d get a paternity test either way.

Thoughts

Despite us being clear that having a child cant happen - it came up during the plan B incident - she does not want to have an abortion right now. I guessed as much. This is probably her last chance. For me, this would be preferred at this stage of only a few weeks in.

I obviously dont want a kid with her. I already have one and might have more in the future, so its not that i dont like kids. The fact that i do like kids and like this woman, is making me pull my punches when it comes to more machiavellian strategies that have come to mind.

We’ve only met the one time afterwards when she told me. She’s still very much in my frame but i know from experience i can no longer get away with anything i want.

One part of me thinks that her age, with all the potential for complications or simply miscarrying, is enough to make me not worry too much yet.

Another part of me wants to dig into her with the risks of being pregnant at 40 and the consequences for her and the kid. For the kid not to have a father, for her to probably lose the chance to find a solid BB to be with, as her dating options shrivel; just to convince her to take the abortion.

In the end i know i’ll be fine either way. This woman makes bank and wont be after me for money. I’d want to partake in any kid of mines life as well.