Are reddit dating subs a waste of time?

I contact women on subs like r4r, foreveralonedating, r4r30plus etc but they either disappear after I tell them I was born in a muslim country or they disappear the next day.

There would be times that the conversation would be going so well but the girl doesn't reply when I contact her the next day.

I have tried making my own posts and have gotten a few messages but again the women messaging me just ghost after a day or two.

The reason I continue to browse these subs is cause I have met one hookup from these subs.

I asked this question on the dating_advice subreddit and the responses I got there were "you should be trying everywhere, on dating subreddits and dating apps". But recently I have started realizing that I don't have the energy to go on dating apps after I am done with these subreddits

Are these dating subreddits worst than dating apps? Should I stop wasting my time on these dating subreddits?

I know most of you will probably say that I should be cold approaching but I am still losing weight and dont feel confident enough to cold approach.