On a conservative subreddit where I'm one of the mods, a lot of objections pop up about male trannies in women-only spaces. A Christian college is fighting this in court because the Biden Administration is insisting that people be allowed to pick their "gender," and women will have to share spaces with men. I suppose I could have said, "Render unto Ceasar..." if they want to accept tax dollars, but I said this instead:

No wonder the court struck it down... they seem to have no objection to men being required to accept women into their dorm rooms and showers. (See edit: the college's only objection is that it offends the modesty of women, although the rule applies equally to men.)

Story time: as the military acceded to women's demands to open up formerly all-male billets, we were told to share intimate spaces with women. When anyone objected (including the wives), we were told to shut up and deal with it. I was in an all-male field when it was opened up to women, and I never signed up to share sleeping / changing space with women who insisted on being there, but I wasn't given a choice.

By supporting feminism, the right freely gave away the high ground on this issue. The time to make a stand was decades ago when men were being forced to deal with this. The idea that something is only objectionable when it applies to women rings hollow at this point.

Here's a radical solution: get both men AND women out of each other's spaces.

Edit: From the article. (Emphasis added.)

At stake is the school’s ability — any school’s ability — to restrict spaces such as dormitories and showers to only women.

Biden’s Department of Housing and Urban Development issued new rules requiring schools to open their women’s dormitories — showers and all — to men who “identify” as women.

Young women shouldn’t be forced to have to change or undress in the presence of men,” ADF senior counsel Julie Marie Blake told The Western Journal on Friday in an online interview. “Young women should not be forced to have men as roommates.”

Esther Rea, a senior at the college majoring in public relations, said she finds the prospect of having to share dorm facilities with males “extremely scary.”

“Where I live now … I know it’s safe,” Rea said. “I have a lot of comfort in knowing where I live right now, I don’t have to share that space with men.

The bottom line is, the government does not belong in girls’ dorms.”

If they object to subjecting their male students to being forced into the same situation with F2M students, they certainly didn't say so. In fact, it seems that it never occurred to them that young Christian men might not want female roommates.

Edit 2: FWIW, I'm not defending Biden's idiotic stance on this. The problem is that by framing this as an issue that is only problematic because it affects women, they show that they don't object to forcing people to share dorms and showers with members of the opposite sex on principle... they only object that women are included. (In fact, there are far more F2M "transitioners" than M2F ones. This ruling actually impacts men more than it impacts women.)

Conservatives really need to stop doing RadFems' dirty work for them. It's not enough to stop this nonsense: it needs to be rolled back. Remember: they asked for this: let's stop trying to shield them from the bad consequences. That's the only way they'll lose support.