Yesterday my wife showed me a FB post she had commented on. Some woman put up a photo of her disastrously messy kitchen and dining area, and was braggring about not letting it bother her.

My wife (who is neat as a pin and keeps a home anyone would be proud of) commented that she was shocked at the mess, and that no husband should have to come home to that.

Well......that opened the gates of Hades.

A bunch of random women piled on her, saying this isn't the 1920s, if my husband complained I would kick him out, etc. One guy said he cleans when he gets home and that my wife is being 'abused' by me for expecting something.

My wife rolled her eyes and ignored them. This crap is so stupid. Why is being clean seen as archaic?

Edit: I should point out that my wife keeps the house to this high standard, despite suffering from an incurable motor disorder that has left her so crippled she can't work in gainful employment. Some days her legs feel like they are made of lead. Other days are better. She could say she isn't going to clean, because she has trouble moving. But she's not like that.