Tl,dr; Don't be jealous, but don't be gullible. Stand for yourself.

This is a text mainly to the RP newbies, who might be in a LTR. Take it more as a guideline and some ideas.

Jealousy There are a couple of simple reasons why you shall not be jealous:

• The first one, it shows insecurity and is one of the biggest deal breakers.

• The second one, it gives validation towards the person you're jealous. This only applies when he is a real perceived threat to you.

Think about that, you wouldn't say anything about her BP loser friend, but about his "new and nice" friend from work. Even is she isn't attracted to him, she might think "Hey my BF is jealous of new guy, he might have a point. "

Here is the harsh truth, if a women wants to cheat on you, she will. If a women wants to change you for other, branch swinging, she will.

Even if you don't like that, I'll happen. After all, AWALT. There exist methods to improve your perceived SMV. See dread game.

But you may ask. What then shall I do?

The answer don't be a fool, be cautious but don't let it show.

For example: I tend to have this talk with new plates, "Look I like to e very honest and open in a relationship. If I ever want to be with another women you'll be the first to know and I expect the same for you" But in reality, I'm expect them to try to lie or deceive me at some point.

About branch swinging and cheating IMHO I see two types of cheating. The difference lies in her intent, the first is a complete change to a new BF and easier to detect, the second if done right almost impossible.

• Branch Swinging Why is it easy to detect? Because it takes time and has, at least to me, very clear phases. Because it takes some time, you can see her mood, behavior change little by little, always be wary.

• The first one, is meeting or increasing her interaction with the new guy. She might start talking more about him and trying to have time for "her".

• The second one, is the hamstering. Maybe she'll be less open about her phone and be less willingly to spend time with you.

-The third one, is the swinging. Most women want to play safe, and try with the new guy, if it doesn't work out she'll intent to return. The classic, is a "break" or she could be more open and just end it with you.

What to do? Please and for self respect never never take back some ex LTR. If you catch it at the beginning apply some dread game and improve your SMV, it could be an attention call. But realize that it could happen again in the future.

The second is just plain cheating, just fucking a ONS or some friend just to give an example.

And if done right, quite impossible to catch . Imagine one of the Tuesdays nights she said "I'm not feeling like going out today". When what really happened, she invited her old fling to drink some wine and just "chat".

Not a single word from her, not a change from her.

The key is in the small details, maybe some error in the story she told you.

Edit: After some thought there is another kind of cheating, systematic cheating but without the intention of changing you. "Girls just wanna have fun"

The key here as it isn't for one time, she'll try to find excuses to make time for her lover. And you might detect some changes on her behavior. Or you have this gut feeling, like this post explains.