Hi mate,

To get to the point, I have been brought up with a very strong binary "Black & White" thinking that I applied unconsciously to every aspect of my life (relationships, work, conversations, interactions). Literally every aspect of my life.

A little background, 24 yo, father left me when I was 7 and been brought up by my ma since then (My ma had a lot of guys over and often 2-6 months relationships. My ma often told me negative points about my father and all the guys "who are just friends" - bullshit. I left home at 18 years old, moved 20 hours by car away to a major city in Australia. I currently work as a Nurse (1.5 years in the field).

For example, I deeply believe that 1 - smoking is bad, and every girl who smokes is bad 2 - drugs are bad and every girl who does is bad 3 - girls who have sex with many guys are bad 4 - all girls with tattoos and piercings (nipples, belly button etc) are hoes. 5 - getting drunk is bad

I know it is not necessarily the truth as I have never smoked or done drug or got drunk etc. I notice that I unconsciously project my beliefs and expectations onto other and if it is not fulfilled, I often removed myself from the situation. It gets to the point where girls ask what is wrong or stop being so petty with your cold texts.

As a result of this thinking, I miss out on a lot of opportunities.

I really believe that this black and white thinking was drilled into me from my ma when I was kid. But she often gets with those types of people.

I would really appreciate any perspective or guides that can help me work through this and essentially add a grey area between the black and white thinking.