Got this from a girl Emily I cold approached.

This 6 I've seen before walks up and is looking in the vending machine. I step towards her and ask what she's gonna get. Says she's gonna get something for her sister (cause of birthday). I give her a recommendation and she gets it. We're talking now and she's comfortable. I'm trying to keep the convo on her, so when she asks me about what I'm studying towards I just say "I'm a man of many pursuits" and get it back to her. She's into graphic design and looking back maybe just saying I'm actor would've drawn her in.

I ask if she has drawings and art with her. She pulls out a book and I'm going through em. At one point she says "you're going so slow" then corrects herself saying "idk why I said that, I have no where to be." I joke and say "oh I'm gonna go a lot slower now." She's comfortable and digging the convo. I can still feel the charisma flowing (but not as much). Its tough to maintain it under pressure. I try to close

me: hey I gotta run, it was nice meeting you. You said you like horror movies. We should catch one some time, what's your number?

her: Oh, I'm talking to someone already. We can be friends though.

me: It's okay, I understand. It was really nice meeting you Emily. (Then I turned and walked away).

I think I rushed the close. She was bending down getting her bag when I asked her the question. I rushed the last line and thus didn't get strong eye contact, then I walked away. I wasn't gonna friend zone myself and agree to friendship when she asked about it. Although I overtly rejected her friendship request, I’m still gonna be charismatic and talk to her. It builds my social proof and keeps her as an option. I’m just not friend zoned now.

How did I do in the cold approach?