College Student, 19, M, AA, 5'8.

I'm going to college dorms soon for the first time. I went to an older friend of mine's house, he was a senior when I was a freshman in highschool, meaning he is 4 years older than me, as well as his friends. Since they were talking about women, I decided to ask for advice, considering I don't have too much male guidance in my life. They were telling me to get women in college, I have to "put forth some effort, because she's talking to like 20 other dudes. Also mysteriousness is overrated, only very attractive dudes are allowed to do that. Also It's a waste of your time if you really wanna have a rotation of women in college".

I'm genuinely confused. I thought you pull back your attention, since college girls get so much. And putting in effort makes you look like you have nothing else better to do?

Apparently this guy gets a lot of women, he already graduated. I have seen it in front of my eyes, so I guess this advice works for him. Honestly I haven't had much experience with women so I ask older men for advice all the time, and I'm really just confused. Some tell me to pull back, some tell me to show effort. I'm not that good looking of a guy, not in the best shape. I'm an average guy. I just have all this redpill shit thrown at me and I don't know what to do with it.

Advice greatly appreciated !