Background: I’m 25M and have been dating a woman 27F now fairly seriously for 6 months. I’ve been through quite a few GFs in the past and have been waiting to get with the right one settle down with for an LTR / marriage and she’s showing all the right signs as being the one — submissive, traditional values, conservative in nature, very loyal, a personality that suits mine and typically things happen on my terms.

Up until the past week, this girl has been infatuated with me to the point she would get butterflies every time she’d get my call, she would wake up to respond to my calls / msgs in the middle of the night, comes to visit me wherever I am in the world, respond to msgs instantly, etc.

She recently told me that she’s over the “infatuation phase” and feels a more “comfortable” love with me now and claims this is better and healthier for her and our relationship. She says it’s a more “mature” love. The butterflies aren’t there for her anymore and I’ve noticed her responses are slower and she feels less excited to talk — nonetheless, I still feel she has greater feelings for me than I do for her, but she doesn’t obsess over me the way she used to. Is this a cause for concern? Is there any way to get her back to her old self and bring excitement to the relationship?

Two things happened in the past week that could have potentially changed her infatuation — 1) she met my parents, and 2) we got high together. With #1, she knows I’ve never introduced anymore to my parents before and it was a really big step for me. With that, she may have reached a new level of comfort and security that zapped away the infatuation for her. With #2, when we got high together, she got VERY high, emotional and paranoid and may have seen something in me that made her more comfortable or shifted her view of me from being this mysterious and attractive guy she has excitement with, to a comfortable “husband material” type that can be tamed. I would much rather prefer the former.

TLDR: Did I become too vulnerable with her that zapped away her infatuation or is a maturation of the love the natural next step? Is there any way to bring excitement and infatuation back to an LTR?