My gf and I broke up a month ago, she wanted kids, I didn't. After a brief pause we started to hang out again, and I essentially proposed a friends-with-benefits-model, which she agreed to. But it was still very similar in style to when we were together.

She read a message on my phone (no idea how that message in particular was visible) where it was obvious I was with this other woman and she freaked out, saying that she didn't expect me to move on so quickly and that she was hoping we would get back together, that she woke up from her bubble. I tried to calm her down but no luck and she left.

I know that I didn't do anything wrong (except for messing up the message thing) but I would really like to keep her as a FWB so my question is what do I do? Really the more general question is: if your plates find out about each other - what do you do?

My hunch is that it's best to not write her anything and just wait. Most likely she won't come around but if she does probably not if I start to chase her and "try to explain".