Preface: Men want women, women need men

This is the reality of the world. A reality that is deeply offensive to women. A reality that is vehemently denied with cries of: sTrUhNgZ iNdUyPyNdYnT wYmYnZ who needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle…

Nevertheless, the reality of the world is that women without men would die off, in a very short time.

Women absolutely need men, period. They are incapable of adequately manipulating the environment to produce (and maintain) enough stuff to live on.

Men always did the bulk of the heavy lifting to keep society going. Men are still responsible for the bulk of all the critical infrastructure, to this very day. Men do not need women to survive.

Thus, women absolutely need men, but men don't need women. Men want women.

The question is: why? What can a woman offer to a man that sparks such insane desire within him?

There are several theories, each with their own flaws. I will address three common answers to this question.

Sex - men want women for sex

This is definitely true. Men do want women for sex. However, this cannot be the full answer.

If sex was the primary motivation for men's desire for women, hedonistic casual sex would have been the primary thing that men chased throughout history.

It isn't though.

While it's true that people always chased after fine side dishes - it's also true that marriage has always been a higher value for most men. Even for those who managed to get some on the side. It's even in the name: side piece.

"Why buy the cow, if you can get the milk for free?". This is a saying that speaks about women who only have sex to offer. That's when full investment in her brand is a stupid waste of money. But men throughout history did "buy the cow".

Sex is extremely important, but it is not everything. It is not worth the enormous cost and responsibility of marriage - for sex alone.

Family - men want women for family

This as well, is definitely true. Men do want women for family building. However, this too cannot be the full answer.

If family was the primary motivation (for men's desire for women), there would be no reason to marry for a lifetime. Marriage would be an arrangement for the duration of birthing and raising the children.

Additionally, there would be no reason for older widowers to remarry. As they cannot build a new family with a postmenopausal woman.

Yet, second marriages have always been a thing. If family was the primary motivation for men's desire for women, second marriages would have been exceedingly rare throughout history.

Family is extremely important, but it is not everything. It is not worth the enormous cost and responsibility of marriage - for a lifetime(!!!) - for family alone.

Companionship - men want women for companionship

This one is laughable. Sure, there is some truth to this. Sure, having someone around makes life less lonely. Sure… but let's respond to this one as well.

Marriage is a lifelong commitment that is exceedingly expensive. Women are expensive and men have to pay said expenses.

Women are also highly emotional. Their emotional roller coaster is annoying at best. Their way of thinking often makes no sense to us. There are many other parts of their personalities that drive us crazy in one way or another.

We put up with it out of duty to our commitment. We tolerate it and try to be patient, out of love. But if it was companionship that we sought - a male roommate would be immeasurably cheaper and with less drama.

Thus, it is only delusional pampered women, who claim companionship as their reason to marry. Even this claim, is often a euphemism for something else…

Conclusion

Now that, these three - commonly touted - reasons, have been shown to be lacking. It raises the question: what is the motivation behind the insanely powerful desire that men have for women?

Why in the world, would a man take on such enormous responsibility, such an enormous investment, with such enormous risk? What value can a woman possibly bring to his life that would outweigh all of this?

(Here I have addressed three common reasons for why men want women. I did not address the answer of - for LOOOOOVE - because 1) what does that even mean? And 2) that topic requires its own discussion. This will partially be addressed in the next post).

In this post I asked a question. Next post will have an answer. Before I provide the answer, I'd like to allow the question to simmer and stew.

Cheers!