I'm a young guy. I recently quit a job where I worked with a early 20s single mom, a bit older than me, 2 kids with 2 different guys, overweight but decently attractive. Kinda curvy, DDs, not bad aside from the baggage. Not someone I'd normally go for, but in my mind I could easily swing this chick, and I see her everyday so I wanted to see where things go.

We slowly warmed up to each other, at first she would initiate conversations and talk to me a lot during work, follow me around, wait for me when we were leaving, etc. One day I invited her out to lunch, we talked and ended up adding each other on Facebook. She messaged me after work and we talked a good part of the night. She said I was adorable and was shocked when I said I thought she was adorable too. Fast forward a couple months later I am leaving that job and after talking nearly daily at work, always having lunch, and just enjoying each other's company I caved and told her I had feelings for her. I didn't want to lose her. I assumed this would be music to her ears.

But crushingly she claimed she had told me from the beginning she wasn't looking for a relationship and wanted to do it all on her own. When in fact, early on she had said it was up to me. I routinely flirted at a relationship, and she flirted back. Even accepting sexual favors. But now that I was leaving that job she wanted nothing to do with me..

It was really down hill from here, the 2 weeks before I left she completely changed. She did talk to other guys while we were "talking", but they weren't competition. We both knew this. Then she started talking to single guys she knew would make me jealous and stopped meeting me for lunch. She blatantly flirted with them and played it up while I was around. Usually ignoring me in the process. Her car actually broke down and she routinely denied my offers to give her a ride home. She usually said it was her mother in law driving her, but she later revealed these guys had given her rides home. On top of this she began sharing relationship shit and saying "I wish" and stuff like "someone message me" on Facebook and of course guys from work would like it and comment on it which stroked her ego even more and showed how little I mattered, because she knew I'd check her page.

The funny thing is after I asked for a relationship, she said she just wants to be friends, so I thought yeah that's cool we can still hang out and get lunch but she eventually stopped talking to me entirely. It was a hard lesson to learn, I guess I was just a disposable ego boost for her. She wanted to see if she could reel me in, and once she did she was done with me. She knew exactly how to manipulate me, I'm actually more impressed than anything. I'm sure she has done this with countless other guys and we all thought we'd be the one. Good riddance.

Edit: I'd like to clarify that we did have sex, I think roughly a week and a half after we started talking so I was under the assumption she'd continue putting out. But I fucked that up by being a nice guy.