"DoN't bE viCtIiM oF thE sYsteM. DoN'T bE a shEEP, a seRvAnT, foR thE reST oF yoUR lifE. Do you really want to live your life working a job you hate, for a boss you despise, not being able to do what you want, trudging through life miserably until the age of retirement, when you're left with barely enough money to scrap by counting pennies until you die and leave your last life savings of twenty bucks for your seven kids? Don't work for an employer. Start your own business. Get rich quick. Live happily ever after."

​

Blah blah blah. Bullshit. All bullshit.

​

UpperRedSide here, hitting you gents with some career advice.

When I was fresh out of high school at age 15 (booksmart motherfucker, top of my class), I thought, "This is heckin swell. I'm gonna start my own business now and get rich as a Rockefeller."

But you see, it doesn't work like that. Being smart doesn't guarantee you're a brilliant entrepreneur. You need money for that shit. You need connections. You need time. You need experience. And most of all, you need failure. Lots of it. Not everyone is cut out to start and run their own business.

It doesn't help that the "influencer" age of the internet is also pushing this "laptop lifestyle" shit, which only works if you're a blackhat who knows how to manipulate people by playing on their insecurities and scamming them into buying useless stuff from you. If that's you, then hey, keep screwing people over you Machiavellian mastermind you.

But now lets talk about the despised "rat race." Go to college. Get a job. Retire. Die. Boohoo.

But what if you went to college and studied in a booming field (automotive) got some skills (ASE certification) that made you highly sought after by multiple companies, got a high paying job before your freshman year was even over (automotive service advisor), racked in some experience points doing what you love (getting all grimy with tools, troubleshooting shit, and talking about engines all day), and then moved on to an even higher paying job due to that experience (upwards of $80K a year) while having evenings and weekends off to pursue hobbies (some of which bring in additional cash), and spend time with family and friends?

That's my story. I love my job. I love my boss and my coworkers. I have time to lift, eat well, travel, and fuck. I'm no millionaire but you'd be surprised how comfortably an individual can live on six figures. My ego isn't so big that the idea of working for a company somehow makes me feel like a little bitch. And yes, down the line, I do intend to be self-employed. I've written two business plans based on some hobbies of mine that rack in considerable amounts of passive income and will continue to increase in profitability, alongside my very rewarding career in automotive.

I like being a company asset. I like being on my feet, getting my hands dirty, solving problems for people. And I didn't have to spend ten years of my life studying. Oh no, I went to a community college son. Tuition cost me $8,000. I got a job within months of my enrollment.

If you went to college and couldn't land a job shortly after, you probably majored in creative writing or gender studies.

The simplest formula I can give you is this: learn an in demand skill + get experience + acquire mastery = get paid the big bucks. And if you absolutely have to be self-employed or if you're convinced you're cut out for it: work a high paying job + invest in a business + leave high paying job once business income has exceeded job income = entrepreneur.

Here's, my point. This is America. You do not have to be self-employed to have a lucrative career and live a rewarding life. Most experienced construction workers make the same amount as your typical "influencer" does.

Everybody complains about working "9-5s" and being a part of the "rat race," looking down on the blue collar workers, the laborers, the people that built this country from the ground up. They crave shine and glamour and celebrity. Stop it. Cut that shit out. Clearly your parents didn't give you much love as a child. Neither did mine. Boohoo. Cry me a fucking river.

Stop your whining. Grow the fuck up, roll up your sleeves, get working, and make some bank.

​

Good luck gents. Stay Red.

​

​

​

​

​