Summary: Woman approaching wall at breakneck speeds. Logs onto online dating sites and starts realizing that her marketability isn't what it used to be; she's not getting dates with high quality men, and most guys want younger girls. Commenters try to hide it all under the rug and tell her "You go, girl!"

Thread here.

A lot of people here say that women don't work out and make gainz - but I disagree. Most women work out very hard to strengthen a specific part of their body - the rationalization component of their brains. Otherwise known as the hamster.

That hamster starts pumping iron like nobody's business and grows bigger and bigger as a woman grows older. It's terrifying to know that your sexual market value drops year by year - and so many women squeeze their eyes shut and rationalize reality away.

That's what happened on TwoXChromosomes yesterday. An OP posted the following:

I decided to reactivate my Okcupid account after a long hiatus. I started browsing profiles and I saw that a lot of guys my age(28) had their dating ranges set to 21-26, when they were 30 themselves. It really is starting to set in now, that I am too old for guys my own age. Things like this make me want to cry.

My younger sister is already engaged and she is 22, while I still haven't found a guy. And while I can say that I have a lot of accomplishments under my belt, I don't have anyone to share it with. It really does scare me as I get older. If I date a guy, I need to know if he is looking towards marriage. If I don't, than I might waste my time. If I do, I might scare him away even if he was interested.

I really am feeling scared now. I was hoping you all can give me advice on how to date at this age.

It sucks, doesn't it, to know that your prime years are behind you? That instead of doing anal for every nightclub Chad who caught your eye, maybe you should have been developing good feminine qualities to lock down a high-value man? And that it's too late...

This woman could have received realistic advice. She could have been cautioned to not get fat, to take up feminine hobbies that show she's still good wife material, to lower her expectations.

But no. Dat hamster is too powerful in the minds of the commenters...

There are going to be men on dating sites that want to date women younger than you. You do not want to date those guys. Any guy who is selecting for an age range younger than his own is automatically disqualified for me, even if I fall inside the age range that he is seeking, because typically these men are absolutely shitty to date. They are chasing a youthful, naive ideal, and they aren't willing to date an equal. Who wants to date a guy like that? Not me, man.

You heard it first on TwoX, folks. If a man prefers the look of a younger, lithe, feminine girl, that means he is immediately a shitlord. No ifs, ands or buts. If he was a good man, he would be dropping on one knee to marry the high-performing (and old) ambitious independent career woman! Right?

I think that the guys who are 30 and set their dating range to 21 - 26 are doing you a favor. A person who will only date people who are 9 - 4 years younger than them is not a person I would want to have a relationship with.

So you don't want a relationship with 99% of men out there, then? Cause I hate to break it to you, honey, but men overwhelmingly prefer women who have just crested 20 years old. Actually the real preferred age may have even been younger if OKCupid had allowed men to choose younger ages (the cutoff in the study was 20).

Me: 28F. Never married. Met current boyfriend less than a year ago through mutual friend (who plays Magic the Gathering). Current boyfriend is 23M, and has no issues with my being older than him.

Lol. Yeah I'm sure he's a catch. 5 years younger than you and plays Magic the Gathering. Let's be honest with ourselves: when you guys read that description, what image popped into your mind? I'm getting visions of 1930s headgear, stained t-shirts, and probably a beer belly.

Redefine "spinsterhood". I know a lot of "spinsters" who are happy as clams, so don't dismiss it. They do what they want, when they want. They have houses, families, jobs, vacations... a boyfriend every now and then.

The cherry on top of the hamster cake. If you don't like reality... just redefine it! It's that easy.

Bottom line: women don't know shit about how to handle the unfortunate realities of life. They would rather live in their fantasy world. If you meet a woman like this, run the other way.

TL;DR: Feminism is its own worst enemy. It pretends to empower women, but really only puts a blindfold over their eyes and convinces them to deny the reality of aging and the Wall. In the end, it's the women who feel the pain - the same women that feminism claims to be helping.