Hey guys.

My name is Kid Strangelove and I run the manosphere aggregator Manosphere.com, as well as my own personal blog - KidStrangelove.com

So here's a little story about me - one year ago, I decided that 3 of my vices were holding me back (namely pot, masturbation and excessive media consumption), so I decided to give all 3 of them up for a month, record my thoughts, feelings and experiences on my blog, and see what happens.

"No Nothing November" was born.

While such strict self discipline was indeed challenging, and I had my fair share of setbacks, it felt great coming out the other side a better person and realizing that I was the one who controlled my vices, and not the other way around. So this year, I decided to bring it back, with a twist.

Enter "#NoNothingNovember" (because it's 2014 and everything needs a hashtag).

This year, instead of just challenging myself, I decided to pass on the challenge to other people as well, to give ourselves a month free from our vices, to act as a support system when needed, and to come out the other side as better men.

And the team behind "/r/TheRedPill" stepped in to help me out in spreading the message to a wider audience and add some incentives.

We challenge everyone to give up several of your vices for a month and record your experiences in a blog, or, if you don't run one - in the comments section of this very thread.

After the end of November, We will post another thread with people's final progress, and voting will begin.

If you need a place to track your progress, and you don't have a blog, consider:

• Twitter, use hashtag #nonothingnovember
  • Use this subreddit to post your progress: /r/nonothingnovember

If you want to start a blog and need a hand - check out this handy HOW TO guide

What do you win?

• A Month of Reddit gold
  • Have all of your blog posts stickied at the top of Manosphere.com for the month of December - which will instantly boost your traffic
  • And most importantly - a sense of self control and mastery.

This is our chance to prove the Red Pill detractors wrong - we are first and foremost a self improvement community, and in November - we will emphasize that.

The Rules (and examples): In the comments below - post and update a comment about your #NoNothingNovember progress - including a link to your blog updates (if you write a blog of course).

I'll use my posts from last year as an example:

Goals: give up masturbation, pot and excessive media use for a month

Blog: http://www.kidstrangelove.com/category/no-nothing-november/ (Be sure to tag your #NoNothingNovember posts appropriately)

Updates:

Conclusion: 11 things I learned from abstaining from my vices for a month

For up and coming red pill bloggers - this is a great chance for exposure and new readers - so be expressive, diligent, and really let us into your world.

Feel free to join the conversation on Twitter as well with the hashtag #NoNothingNovember

And if you're wondering - the 3 vices that I'm giving up this year are tobacco, bad food/booze and underachieving (and no, I'm not eligible for the prize, in case you're wondering ^_^ )

ProTip: I found that "saying goodbye" to your vices before abandoning them is a great mental stimulus. So if you're planning on giving up alcohol for November - getting a little drunk on Halloween will actually motivate you more (at least this has been my experience)

Good luck - and we can't wait to hear about your progress.

MODS: Feel free to add or modify stuff here if I got something wrong

EDIT1: added the mod suggestions, as well as a link on how to create a blog

EDIT2: to all the readers and participants - if you're looking through the comments and have some experience abandoning the vices that other commenters are trying to get rid of - give em some tips from your experiences.

EDIT3: I created a master list of participating blogs. Did I miss yours? Let me know