This post in the relationship_advice subreddit ("she_26f_has_canceled_or_rescheduled_on_me_33m_19") is a stunning example of men who have zero abundance:

This guy literally has this girl cancel on their "2nd" date 19 times. The 1st date sounded boring as fuck and she is stringing him along as plan Z. This guy just accepts everything she says when she last minute cancels their date. Examples are things like:

Sunday, Dec. 30th will be too busy as she isn't sure what her work schedule is, so we reschedule to meet for New Years Eve after she finishes work at 9:30 on Monday, Dec. 31st.
Dec. 31st I get a text saying her boss wants her to work late. We do not spend New Years Eve together

Sound like someone that actually wanted to have date #2 or someone that nabbed another guy for NYE?

January 2nd, she texts me to tell me she forgot she has a dental appointment in the evening. I suggest if she is hinting she doesn't want to see me again, that she should just let me know. She says she is not hinting at anything - that it isn't me, rather it is her "crazy life" lately.

Dental appointments in the evenings? Even the busiest dentist i have been to end their day at around 6pm.

Dont be this guy. She was his only prospect and he still thinks he has a shot at her.

I told her she had me questioning whether she wanted to keep things on a purely text based level, or if she had been seeing some other guy over the past two months instead. She says that isn't the case, and it's purely been her work, appointments, and family stuff. Says if she wanted me to leave her alone, she would have told me. And she asked me to not have those types of thoughts anymore.
She then asked how we should handle our second date. I suggest we go out and spend the day together on Saturday (Feb 2nd), she agrees but isn't sure about her schedule. She says she will confirm and get back to me. I then suggest we meet on Monday (Feb 4th) for dinner, to which she agrees and says she is putting it in her planner.
We have sparse contact again until yesterday, Thursday Jan. 31st, when she is the one to go ahead and contact me, but all her text is about is how she is apologizing for the lack of communication and she is not ignoring me she is just busy. Still no confirmation about Saturday.
Today, on February 1st, she texts me to tell me she has started to "feel shitty", and might be getting sick. So she might be too sick to do Saturday, and will need to have us push our second date back a day or two.