Okay so I work in an OR where its like a reality tv show, everyone gossips and I try to stay out of it as much as possible. I never did anything thing with anyone I work with there.

Anyway I was out one night at a bar for a work event. I saw this girl who doesnt work there anymore and was flirting with her the whole night. When she left I went to pull her into the stairwell to make out with her (I was looking for a one night thing only)... We couldnt even do anything because a security guard came after us and yelled..she then left but I wanted to keep good terms with her incase the opportunity arose but a one night thing was all I was looking for.

then next day she messaged me on facebook, asking me all these questions about myself, I wasnt very interested in where she was going with this so I talked for a little then kind of ignored her. She would message back and said "I'm hearing rumors that a kid we work with (my buddy) told u to stay away from me (didnt even happen I just have no interest in taking this further other than trying to fuck her if I see her out one night)....u know why? U can txt me if u want instead of this stupid messenger (with her number)"

I didnt respond and she said "Did I scare you away already?"

Didnt respond then she said about a week later says "It's such a shame u have a bad reputation already...for such a nice, good looking guy."

this pissed me off because I know what shes trying to do but I just said "lol" (a lot of people I work with know that I fuck a lot of women outside of work because my buddy works there and talks a lot about our weekends. So obviously she was gossiping about me)

she responded: "i guess that doesnt seem to bother you?"

Me:what your friends think of me? nope. I see what your doing here but ill take the compliment

her:What am i doing? whats that mean?

Me:if you dont like what you hear you dont have to say anything to me

her: just thought u would care about what ppl r saying and talking about....but I guess u don't mind being considered a male whore.

me:I know who I am and people who are my real friends know who I really am too. if idc, why would you? Dont believe everything everyone says, form your own opinion about people, dont be so simple minded

Me: I thought you were a cool chick didnt think you were one to gossip

her: qualifying herself I'm def not simple minded and I know how rumors go there....which I have always referred to as "General Hospital" for a reason. I don't gossip. It was information that was told to me when I mentioned to someone that I had met u at the bar. And that was as far as the info went.

How do you think I handled this? Good? any lessons I can take from this?

EDIT: I know that kind of is my reputation there (not really worried about it) Its my own fault and Im not looking to date anyone there, they think that just because a guy is young and single and likes to have casual sex that hes a bad person. any way to dig myself out of this reputation, I feel like explaining myself is pointless?