There has been a report circulating in our university to take precautionary measures against many men (students & non-students) that have been cold approaching women on campus. The basic structure goes as following:

1- They initiate with a compliment on her looks.

2- They follow up with small talk (major, nationality) and ask her for her plans for the upcoming hours.

3- They attempt to isolate.

4- They sometimes follow her.

Now the news has gained a lot of traction and many students (mostly women, few men) have brought up their concerns about this. Female students have stepped up to talk about their own personal experience of similar events.

Example: "This happened to me last week! He complimented me then asked for my name and number. Fkn creepy" As we can see, cold approach has increasingly been labeled as "creepy", at least on my campus.

My thoughts are, if we disregard #4, this is basically a campus-wide shit-test. If the approachers had more social proof, then this would not have been a problem at all. Following them seems to be the biggest turn-off but I'm happy for them that they are facing their fears and are attempting to gain more confidence through this process.

Thoughts?

EDIT: A male student grew some balls and decided to make a post offering the male perspective. He evidently got shit on pretty brutally, as much as by female students than as white knights who went and called him "fkn idiot", "there is no other perspective", etc. You get the point.

Let this be a reminder that women often don't know what they want, overly rely on their feelings, and as a result are incapable of reasoning. Feminism is a society-wide shit-test, and by equipping yourself with the right tools, the right demeanor and the right mindset, we're bound to override it. Stay red.