My GF and I are both younger than 30 and have started living together about 1 year ago. She is great — cooks, cleans, and is from a small town in eastern Europe and probably she will look to start a family in a few years.

However, recently I feel like we are too close and I am all the "weaker" because of it. I overeat because she's cooking great food all day, I am watching more TV than ever, and my gym sessions have gone from 6/7 per week to 3 at best. At the same time, she doesn't go out, but also has started hitting the gym like once per two weeks if at all (before it was 3-4 times a week). Now, we are both in good shape, but I want more from every perspective.

Yes, I accept that it is my fault we arrived at this point by living together. What is a realistic way to transition to a more sustainable situation without breaking up? Finding separate housing? I guess that the moment she hears that, she will think break up. But our acceptance of each other's mediocrity keeps fueling more and more mediocrity.

Thoughts?

background — biz owner, lifting for 7 years, ex pro athlete, american living in EU