Been a lurker here for quite a well, decided to create an account to post what's on my mind and ask my brothers for feedback.

I'm 47, live in a large city in the Midwest, executive, had one successful company I sold, started another one a few years ago, getting some real traction, paper millionaire. I've been lifting for years, muscular, 5'11" 190lbs, been told by plenty of women that I'm handsome, look 10 yrs younger than my age. Divorced for number of years, two kiddos, spend 1/2 time with me, 1/2 time with their mom. I am upfront on dates both about my age and my life if asked.

As far as online dating goes, I've had Tinder & Hinge mostly. Here in the US, at least in my city, Tinder is a wasteland. I have been to Mexico with Tinder and had much more luck, plenty of action. Hinge, on the other hand, gets me dates and this is where my question comes in.

I have matched with women from 22 - 40 years old on Hinge, mostly I find 30 - 35 my sweet spot in terms of getting dates. The flow of women under 30 is a trickle for me, I don't know if they filter out guys over 40. I have banged a few of them first date, but these never lead to repeat action except in one case, who became a plate for a few months. I nearly always make out with these girls on the date, but often fail to secure anything subsequent. I've had at least 6 or 7 in the last few months that are happy to stick their tongues down my throat but not show any interest subsequently.

Example: Out last week for dinner with a hot 37yo. Attractive, nice chemistry, dinner then drinks at a lounge. Made out at the lounge, dropped her at her car after, talk about meeting up again the next week, she takes off for some trip next day, texts me a few times. Then .... nothing. I hit her up today via txt, invite her for a drink, she responds quickly that she's unavailable but she doesn't counter. I simply say "okay" and leave it at that. Zero enthusiasm.

I'll be honest though, I don't get it. Why the cold shoulder and disinterest post date? Does my text game suck? Am I giving off f**kboy vibes? At least if I go in to make out with a chick and she avoids, I know where I stand. This has happened, and I am not getting any mixed signals.

I'm hoping some of you guys can offer some candid feedback and advice.