Here's a question I've had floating around in my mind, I watched the movie Ferrari recently where it touches on the founders secret mistress who fathered his son. And learnt after that Italian culture didnt really frown much upon a guy doing this, as long as he provided and had the money to back it.

Then Ive heard pretty significant points made and observed it too that if the man is successful the women both the wife and mistress are all essentially fine with such an arrangement. If and only if the guy is successful...

This goes rather differently if you reverse the roles of course, if a woman is successful she may have flings from time to time but she doesnt tend to get knocked up with a guy and then have him raise the kid while providing for him... if that makes sense.

I digress, I feel like its a forbidden idea for many reasons not limited to religious reasons, but is the underlying truth to us men that we can have a loving healthy marriage, with children, the house, respect, community etc but still be in a position to hold sexual relationships outside of this without being at risk of coming undone? It certainly seems that way to me and it also seems that it doesnt flip in reverse, my wife cannot just hold sexual relationships in the same way without changing her mentally, if that makes sense? Anyway I feel like this kind of forbidden idea is so often supressed and hidden from the mainstream like reddit which is a shame because I dont think its so bad to open the floor up to it.