Fwb asked if i was seeing other girls, i took it as a sign she wanted to be exclusive because thats exactly what it was. She looks sad and we finish having sex and i walk her out. A few days later i try to meet up again to find out she blocked me, most likely butthurt about me seeing another girl. I wanted to be with her, so i reached out a few days later to fix things. She ended up telling me "she cant be in a relationship for now" which is the classic rejection line. Im already a little frustrated because she brought it up first. I also understand i failed the comfort test too.

Well basically we kept talking a bit more and she said she still wants to see me, but for now she cant have a relationship. I tried to set something up and she flaked. I felt like I shouldve just ended things after she rejected me but I took the bait, mainly because of guilt that I had broken the situation and was trying to fix it, i felt like i had to do my due diligence/effort to fix it.

At this point its looking bleak. Ive decided i have no choice to walk away now. The thing is Im not sure if i should text her something like "I decided i dont want to see each other anymore, i wish you the best" or something to officially declare things are over. My last texts to her were last night asking for a confirmation (we usually do this anyways). Im going to be honest, i still think she wants to see me but she needs space now. She may also just feel weird rejecting me and seeing me 2 days later.

I felt that agreeing to meet her again after being rejected made me look weak/pathetic. I think itll be weird if my last texts to her were me trying to set up a date, and not some sort of finalizing departure text. What should I do? Just walk away or declare things are ending to gain some sort of power back?

She responds really well to me pulling back generally in our history together. And ive never been in a position where we didnt talk for more than a week. So i know my absence will be felt if we dont text for at least 1-2 weeks. My goal is to walk away for 2-3 weeks and try once more, before finally walking away for good. I also didnt do anything wrong technically, we werent exclusive, so maybe she can realize that im still the same guy she wanted to be with but got butthurt about some unspoken exclusiveness (this was her emotionally reactive mistake not mine). I have a 2nd chance policy with girls i really like, other ones its just 1 chance. Im giving her 2-3 weeks of space to see if we can reset and start over clean again before walking away for good.

Thoughts?

P.S. Im just pissed she gave me all the signs only to reject me. I made some mistakes including failing the final comfort test too even if technically i didnt do anything wrong, so not sure if i should give her a lil bit of space first. We would NOT be in this position today if she didnt ask if i was seeing other girls. Thats a make or break convo. It either advances or ends relationships, and usually asked by someone who wants to advance.