I went to the gym for a hiit workout and I noticed two young girls (~18-19) that were very cute. When I was done my workout I walked around the gym a couple times to bring my heartrate down. I passed them once without saying anything, then walked around the gym, got some water, did a quick dumbbell exercise, then passed them again without saying anything again. I didn't stare at them either time, just glanced for a second and noticed it wasn't a great time to say hello cause they were in the middle of tricep pushdowns. I then went and got some more water and it was time for me to go, I figured I can't really get in trouble/a harassment charge at the gym for saying "Hello, how are you. I approached them from the front with my body slightly angled to the side and turned my head towards them "Hey, how's it going?". I said it pretty normally, not too fast, and one of the girls looked up and she looked a little surprised and said "Hey, good". I didn't want to go too far since this was my first time and I come here regularly and might see them again so I just said "Have a good workout" and then turned my head back to look forward and started walking away. She said "you too" in a friendly way. She might have just said that though to diffuse any uncomfortableness she was feeling from me saying hello and then just leaving (I said hello but I didn't have a reason for talking to them other than wishing them a good workout). I then left the gym without looking at them again.

They didn't seem to have an overtly negative reaction. Any advice for dealing with these people in the future if I see them again, not really sure how it went. It was more about me and just being able to say something to them in a controlled manner (no fidgeting, looking anxious, sounding anxious, etc). Or advice for future gym opens?