I just moved into a new place, and my neighbour (25, female) invited me for a beer in the garden space we share. It was her, her close friend, and three dudes she kind of knew (all mid/late 20s).

First couple hours were normal, just drinking and chatting. But as it got later, there were a couple of odd and subtly disrespectful comments made towards me by one of the guys.

The first one, I was talking to one of the girls, and she mentioned her accent. It was quite thick, so I said "I'd definitely pin you as a Scouser, it's quite thick". The guy, who wasn't involved in the convo, laughed mockingly and said "would you, yeah? Very astute". It was unambiguously sarky and mocking, but I just said "thanks" and kept talking to the girl.

A bit later, I started a conversation with the same girl, asking her about the house purchase she was about to make. I saw him out the corner of my eye, tap his friend on the arm so he could watch me. He was on the border of laughing and kind of shaking his head as though he couldn't believe what he was seeing. As I spoke, he would laugh to his friend and I heard him say "what's he.." but I was trying to just ignore him and carry on talking.

I'm worried that something about my mannerisms or way of speaking come across as 'off' - can't put my finger on it, but maybe tryhard or pretentious or goofy/cringe in some way. He was acting as though i was doing extremely cringe flirting or something.

Stuff like this has happened to me over the years - people laughing at/teasing me for what I saw as innocuous comments during conversation.

Im kinda annoyed i didnt challenge him assertively, but didnt wanna come off as confrontational weirdo in front of new neighbour. I guess it's best to best just to ignore? That's fine, I can do that, but I'm more concerned over what is says about me that this isn't a rare occurrence.

I worry people think I'm a cringe guy, which is the worst thing you can be perceived as in social situations. And it's tough because I felt relatively comfortable and was genuinely just being myself.

Sorry it got ranty but I'd appreciate any insight you guys might have. I tend to ruminate on stuff like this, probably to my detriment