I broke up with my ex, realized i overreacted and reached out the same week. She didnt want to take me back, said "Im in a moment of crisis and im not sure if i want to be with someone, I dont feel good and I wont give 100%, I love you, I love being with you but I dont want to waste your time."

Obviously its a buttered up generic break up . Im not one to beg, so I decided to go no contact and didnt respond.

I have her on social media, and she is posting heartbroken memes, saying shes emotionally empty, etc. Shes hurt and not on some "Fuck my ex" bs that girls often fall into. It seems that shes affected by the breakup.

I legitimately feel that i took her for granted, boys. She only asked me for more attention, thats it. That was her #1 complaint with me. And at times i would ignore her texts or soft next her. She gave me no problems and i blew up the relationship over my own misinterpretations. This is the second time we broke up, but this one feels final. Unfortunately I gave her closure already by reaching out. She has the upper hand.

Currently I am seeing other people, self- improvement, but i believe the ball is in her court now. I have a strong gut feeling we are not over, that she will reach back out, but im preparing for the worst.

Would being civil friends be a good strategy here if i do want her back? I know its not recommended, but thats usually when you want nothing to do with them in the future.

Am i saying im going to be an orbiter? Hell no. But maybe reach out once every blue moon. My older brother is one of the biggest players ive known, and he keeps mature relationships with all his ex's. Hes really mature about it. It wasnt common for me to grow up as a kid at family parties and see a few of his ex's there (apparently it worked). They all were "friends" but who knows what the girls were actually thinking.

Im starting to wonder if thats the proper adult way of handling good break ups, especially considering there may be that possibility to get back together..?

P.S. I want to mention that we did not break over lack of attraction, its just i ran shitty LTR game on her. I treated her like a plate. I actually treated her badly in some cases, and in ways that can be fixed and work on in the future. I truly dont think she wants to be with me NOW, its fresh and i broke up for a bad reason, but i believe with 1-2 months of thinking she will feel differently and i can hopefully rekindle with the possibility that ive changed (aka worked on being a better LTR). She blocked me the first time i broke up with her, but this time she didnt.

She made no mistakes here, thats why i want her back. This was not a rocky break up with disrespect/cheating. I know asking for a second chance is weak, but is it different when its the guy who fucked up? I am not sure if no contact is only going to dig the hole of reconnecting even deeper, since no contact is designed to get over ex's. Ive heard that girls are open to reconnecting if the guy fucked up and has shown he has changed. But its a different story if he was dumped for being beta.