In a few weeks I am moving back to the city where I went to university (just finished this year). Usually I was living there during the weekdays and in the weekend I would come back to my city. When covid hit I moved back here so I could save some money.

In my university time I haven't really expanded my acquaintances or friends to be honest. Basically I was just going to university and back and that was it. My social skills were super low and at the beginning I was actually avoiding chatting up with people (for what reason I have no fucking clue). Fortunately I improved my social skills(still lots and lots of work to do) and now I actually want to come in contact with as many people as possible.

So it's almost like I'm starting from scratch. Apart from the 2 guys I share the rent with I pretty much don't have people I can hangout with. Not even at work, since I worked from home the whole time I've been here. And it doesn't seem we'll be going back to the office pretty soon (now anybody can go but it's not mandatory) I won't be able to do too much in the workplace.

How can I make the most out of this situation? By that I mean having as many experiences and making as much friends and acquaintances as possible. My only idea is to join either a dance club or a combat sport club(both of which I've been wanting to do for a long time). Obviously I'm gonna continue lifting but I don't really see how I could just meet people at the gym.

And another question on the same note: how do you turn people you meet in these kinds of clubs to people you hang out with? It seems to me that usually you just end up chatting with them at that certain activity location and that's it. Outside of it you don't really interact much.