About me:

Im 18. Have a lot of friends. Graduated HS last year. Going to finish my second Associates degree this summer. Going through my first breakup. Lifting for 3 years. Not the most charismatic person but im getting better. Im also learning that I am a very sensitive person and tend to rely on others validation more than I thought... Im moving out this summer and still trying to decide whats next for me. I have severe ADHD so I got a lot of hobbies, interests, and things going on in my head at all times.

Lifting:

I have always had a very hard time putting on size. despite this I have built a pretty decent physique over the last couple of years. I generally enjoy working out but eating food constantly is a bitch and there are times in my life where ai just had to stop because I was too busy.

Social Skills:

I was a skinny socially awkward homeschooled kid through most of school. With a lot of time and effort I can confidently say that I am no longer socially awkward and have a good group of friends.

Depression:

Im currently going through a hard time in my life. I have always struggled with depression to some extent but this past year it was pretty bad and became much worse after my first breakup (1 1/2 months out now). Even through my depression I was still hitting the gym, doing well in school, being social, but now I just dont have the drive anymore.

I met with my doctor and he put me on 100mg of wellbutrin to start out as this could help with both my ADHD and Depression. So far this has made my symptoms worse and I have feelings of hopelessness and im crying a lot... Another side effect is a severe lack of appetite. There is no way I will be able to continue my hobby of lifting with this medication. Im 4 days in and already down 5lbs. The period to know if things are working is 4-8 weeks generally. That’s really going to be though on me but I don’t want to keep feeling this way.

What Should I Do?

Should I stop being social, stop lifting, and go all in on my mental health and close friends. Or stop the medication and keep doing what Ive always been doing?

Ive made a lot of progress in my social skills, connections, and physique, and I dont want to loose all this progress but at the same time it doesn’t seem to be helping me feel better either.

If you look at my last post on here you can see my goal is self fulfillment. I have far better life than I did 3 years ago but I am no more happy than before despite all the good that has happened. This makes me think there is something wrong on a deeper level with me.

What advice do you have for me?

TLDR; Im depressed and lonely despite having a lot going for me and a good life. Should I keep lifting, talk to more girls, and be more social and hope it improves or should I experiment with medication, read into alternative medicine, and generally focus on myself more?

Ive seen both sets of advice for getting over a breakup and or a depressed episode. Its basically go do new things vs monk mode...