I sometimes struggle to find the line between girls who act indifferent because they are outcome independent and ones that act indifferent as a response to me being sometimes too tough/cold.

I just ended a long story with a plate who started pushing for an LTR. After a few back and forths she opened up and said that she's always acted distant towards me because she didn't want to bother me. I was completely oblivious to the fact that that is what was going on and thought she was acting distant because we were just in a casual hookup kind of thing and that suited me.

Another girl i'm seeing seems to be on the other side of the spectrum, however, I prefer not to misinterpret again so i'm going for this post. She reaches out sometimes but always gives off this take it or leave it attitude of course making me unsure where I stand, she has game I guess ??.The last time she clearly baited me in to asking her out and then said she had already made plans with a friend and that we could see each other another time if I wanted.

Our interactions are generally good a side from the occasional shit tests. Thing is, the "If you want" part got me curious. Is it more likely that was a comfort test or just pure indifference