I've been a long time Reddit lurker and figured I'd attempt to write an essay for this sub.

I've seen a lot of data over the past year or two that says the suicide rate has significantly increased over the last two decades. I've seen data ranging from 25%-30% increases such as:

https://www.apa.org/monitor/2019/01/numbers

We're also hearing of the opioid crisis and overdoses related to that.

I have been thinking recently that WAATGM may be a cause as to why people (both men and women) are so unhappy to the point where they are suffering from bona fide mental illness and resort to drug/alcohol use and suicide.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of young women are pushed from a young age to fit in and "look pretty" and then they are told they need to have a career as well as be a mom in order to be successful. This is a lot of pressure to put on someone. In other words, feminism has basically sold these women a bill of goods that tells them they are no different from their male counterparts. The irony here is that these are the same people that claim diversity, but are intent on making women into drones.

Now, don't get me wrong, women should be afforded the same opportunists as men and should be encouraged to if they so choose. But that's the key, I feel like a lot of people are forced to play the game.

Now, I think this makes men unhappy as well: since you're basically saying women are no different than us and to think otherwise is somehow sexist. Both parties can now pump and dump each other at a whim and no one bats an eye.

The other thing that I find problematic in all of this is that there are clear double standards now. The old adage is that "men are more interested in looks" is not true anymore. I would argue that women are just as bad when it comes to this. This is before we consider any other baggage someone may have accumulated over the years. I can point to women that basically were 8-10's in High School/before 30. But, you've put on 50+ lb and your face aged. Not only that, you married that douche bag that was 9 and had a kid with him. In spite of all of that, you're still expecting to still get that 9, when there are probably 4-6's that would love to be with you, would literally worship the ground you walk on and treat you with the upmost respect, warts and all. But, like I said, you're still chasing those 9's and then complain that they keep sending you dick picks and want to get in your pants. But, where are all the good men, right?