In the past I was working at a restaurant as I noticed and old man (62). Let's call him Hans.

Hans came to the restaurant every day, and I noticed that he would basically order everything you would suggest to him. As a waiter, this is easy money. All you need is some charisma. Soon I began to realize that something was wrong with him. He seemed confused, always forgot his car keys, sometimes came in to order something and forgot immediately.

He was in really good shape for his age, drove a nice BMW cabrio so I began talking to him about his life. He told me that he was a professional boxer for 30 years and worked as an engineer in a big company. "Solid as fuck" I thought to myself, but what has happened to him so he became this insecure dude who went from one restaurant to another and still seemed so frustrated and anxious?

One day, he had a few drinks too many and he told me his story. Now guess what gentleman, this guy actually got fucked over by a women. While crying he told me that 10 years ago he met the love of his life......... in fucking thailand, bangkok, red light district. You can imagine under what circumstances he met "the love of his life". He continued "I did everything for this women, I paid her [insert european language] classes, I paid her clothes, I paid her vacations, I paid everything for her. I married her. The sex was so good. But at the moment she got her permanent visa, she broke up with me and just left".

Boom.

This would continue over 1 more year, he visited us almost everyday, sometimes he cried over his ex, sometimes he was just confused as fuck, sometimes he was just a normal old dude with a sad look. Sometimes he showed me pictures of her he still kept in his wallet... all of them were nudes. He was addicted to her like a sex drug and could not let go. He could enjoy is life, he had money, he had time, he could go to thailand and fuck 10 young thais daily but no. All he could think about was this one woman and how she could do this to him. He would even stalk her, he knew that she worked in a thai massage studio (of course).

1.5 years later Hans suddenly didn't appear in the restaurant anymore. As I read the newspaper, I saw his obituary. This guy was depressed and had no more energy. I was sad, because he was a really "nice old man/guy". Some people who knew him said that 30 years of boxing was the reason he died so early and his brain took damage from all the jabs and that's why he was always confused. I don't think so.

The thing is, I can't even blame this thai girl. She wanted to get a better life and took her chance to get out of the red light district. A wealthy, horny old man was her ticket to paradise, all she had to do was suck only one dick, not 10 daily and play the wifey role. It was his fault, he did not see it coming, ignored all the redflags and got poisoned by oneitis.

Be smart, don't be like Hans.

Feel free to correct my grammar and spelling, english is not my first language but I want to improve.