TRP.RED: Home | Blogs - Forums.RED: ALL | TheRedPill | RedPillWomen | AskTRP | thankTRP | OffTopic
Hot New Old TopControversial
Login or Register
- Hide Preview | 1 Comments | submitted 2 years ago by MentORPHEUS [Post Locked]

In this video (4:31), Cassie Jaye of the Red Pill Movie fame, describes how feminism kept her from seeing the privileges she enjoyed in her own 5+ year relationship.

(paraphrased) For the first 2 years of the relationship I was a hardcore feminist. I would argue that both of us worked, so why should I be responsible for housework on top of that? I came to realize that I was choosing easy, enjoyable jobs while my boyfriend worked in much harder conditions, longer and less desirable hours, but for substantially higher pay. THIS was his contribution to the household.

[-] DigitallyDisrupt 3 Points 2 years ago

I would argue that both of us worked, so why should I be responsible for housework on top of that? I came to realize that I was choosing easy, enjoyable jobs while my boyfriend worked in much harder conditions, longer and less desirable hours, but for substantially higher pay. THIS was his contribution to the household.

I can't believe how they don't get it.

Not only that, after working longer hours at a crappier job, I come home and take care of the house and outside. A repair person has never been to a house I lived in ever. Do they think things mysteriously fix themselves? (Apparently) No landscapers, no contractors for the extended driveway, paver patio, trees planted, extension added, tool/garden shed built, and on and on.

Nope, if anything I'm harming capitalism because she didn't use a credit card to call a service company.