Some call it being cheap, I call it being strategic. When someone tries to belittle your actions it is often because they are insecure about their own actions. This is why people use the terms 'cheap', 'tight', 'stingy'. They seek to justify being a consumption whore.

Fortunately Redpillers are above that. We purchase that which is necessary and see through consumerist dogma.

I'm here to share with you my methods which are currently allowing me to work 20 hours per week while paying for rent, food and bills. I dedicate the rest of my time to more virtuous activities.

Food

Eating out is one of my biggest expenses. Getting a decent meal for $10 can be difficult and $10 would easily feed me for the entire day, if it were prepared by me. Be organised and plan ahead so that you can always feed yourself at home.

You can easily make tasty food at home, but lower your standard on mouth pleasure. The soul purpose of food is to nourish the body.

Breakfast

Every single morning I have oats. It's cheap as fuck and delicious. I buy the no-name brand because here in Australia, they're all the fucking same and are all grown on this magnificent patch of dirt. The branded varieties are only $3-4 but that's still 3-4 times more expensive than the ones I buy.

I make my porridge on the stove because it works best. I eat out of the saucepan to make less mess. Cut up a banana into the oats/water and let it cook along with it. Add some milk if that's your thing. I use coconut cream. Stir in some coco/cacao at the end.

If you drink coffee and can stand instant, by all means carry on. If you like a half decent coffee buy the cheapest ground beans that you can. A french press or aeropress will make a good cup of coffee and won't cost you shit. The cost of 5 cups of coffee purchased from your local coffee shop will buy you a basic french press.

Invest in a slowcooker

Meal prep in bulk is essential to saving time, saving money and reaching macro/caloric goals. There are hundreds of slowcooker recipes available on the internet, many of which can be "chuck it all in and wait" recipes. Always have prepared meals waiting in your fridge or freezer to avoid paying for a meal.

Serve everything with brown rice or wholemeal pasta. Just boil that shit and strain it. Buy in bulk to save some money.

This is the single best kitchen appliance investment.

Quick meals

Always have some ingredients around so that you can quickly throw together a meal. Here are examples of quick meals you can put together when in need of something cheap.

Sandwich. You can throw this shit together in minutes. -Bread. -Deli meat. -Mixed lettuce bag. -Sauce/Pickle/Mustard.

DIY Ramen. Add some frozen veg. Add some tuna at the end. BAM. -Rice/fried noodles. -Frozen veg -Hot sauce -Soy sauce -Coconut oil -Stock powder (optional) -Tuna

Blender

I don't always have time to sit around chewing vegetables so I regularly blend them. Always have frozen mixed vegetables, frozen spinach and frozen berries on hand so that if you run out of fresh ingredients you can still make a smoothie. If there are local farmers markets, go regularly and get some cheap organic produce.

Example Smoothie: -Apple -Cucumber -Celery -Beetroot -Kale -Ginger

I broke two cheap blenders ($40-60) in 5 months so I invested in a beast a few years ago, it cost be about $250. It was the second best kitchen investment I ever made.

Your health is a worthwhile investment. Get a blender and make a smoothie at least once every second day. Also, if your smoothie tastes good then you're doing it wrong.

Purchasing in general

Buy what is on special. Buy in bulk. Buy fruits and vegetables that are in season. Buy the cheapest cuts of meat (they turn out really nice in the slowcooker).

Bills

Phone

I own my phone but it's not the latest and greatest, let go of the idea of owning the latest. If it's a smart phone you can do pretty much everything on it. If you can live with an old school phone and no app store, do it.

I pay $26 for 45 days of prepaid service. Find a service that works for you. This plan gives me plenty of calls/text/data.

Gym membership (optional)

I am currently doing bodyweight fitness. I had a gym membership before moving cities recently and the change in training has been good. Don't limit yourself to one form of training.

The benefit of bodyweight fitness is that you don't have to pay for a gym membership or equipment.

If you want a gym membership you just have to be able to work it into the budget. I'll be back in a gym eventually but for now this is interesting, challenging and builds muscle.

Here's my current routine.

Transport

If you must drive a car, get a cheap practical car. Wagons/utes are useful. Find something that isn't thirsty and is known to be reliable. I recommend older model mazdas.

Motorbikes are cheap to run. Possible pussy magnet also.

Ideally you want to be able to get everywhere as cheap as possible with minimal hassle. A bicycle is by far the most practical option for anyone living/working in a city. Don't spend a fortune because it's likely at some point someone will fuck with it while it's chained outside. Your major investments beside the bike itself are; puncture repair kit, light/reflectors, hand pump and helmet.

Attire

It's important to be conscious of what you already own, so that you never impulsively buy something you think you need. Having said that, never buy something just because you 'like' it, that's thinking like a chick. If you purchase something, it is is for a legitimate reason.

Expensive clothes generally last longer and have better fits. Looking good in clothes is not about how much you pay, it's all about the fit. You can still find cheap clothes that fit you well, you just have to shop around.

Looking good is important in your professional life and with women. It really does matter but it's up to you how much money you invest in it. Wearing expensive clothes is not essential for success. You can make up for it in other ways but as superficial as it is, first impressions are huge and what you wear is a major factor in first impressions.

Be honest about the outfits you already have and assess whether there are additions you actually need. If you don't need anything, hold off buying more clothes until you legitimately need to update your wardrobe. Put aside some cash, then consult the many style guides that exist on the net and selectively purchase what is necessary to build the new wardrobe.

Alcohol

Ideally, don't drink. If you must drink, do it socially. Fortunately in Australia there is a decent production of wine. The cheapest bottles range $4-$10 and 6-9 standard drinks. There is plenty of variety in that range too so you might find something you really like.

Not only is wine the cheapest option (at least in Australia anyway), it is also the healthiest, next to straight spirits. You don't have to drink a lot of it like beer so you're not constantly pissing. It's also not carbonated so you're not constantly burping.

Do the math

Everyone's budget is going to be different based on how much they earn and how much they spend. Take the time to assess the last month of spending and last month of earning. Adjust your spending so that it aligns with your goals.

What I've outlined in this guide are my methods for breaking even. I have savings but I am not currently saving. I have no investments. I am working part time but actively looking for work. Other than that I'm investing in myself.

Don't spend money on stupid shit.