And don’t work in another European country if you want to keep your children or take out a divorce in your home country before you start working abroad so you know what to expect. The European wide law (Brussels II) will allow any random country that you work in to decide a divorce by their own laws, not according to the law in the country you were married in. The Brussels II construct is a bizarre and totally mind boggling idea that if you work in another country your marriage contract can be broken up by that country.

This agreement is just there to benefit a number of lawyers as you normally don’t know that specific country’s law and many times don’t even speak the language as in my case. I lost my two daughters, my career and all my assets including retirement savings. So please be aware of this if you are working outside your home country and get a divorce before working abroad.

This Brussels II should be abolished to save some peoples life. If you have time you can read more in this link.

https://illusionoflaw.wordpress.com/