This is doing the rounds of r/videos. I think there are some phenomena worth examining and would like people's comments on the following:

• Besides the cheesy line and less than stellar execution, it has to be said that the guy took a chance. It seems to me his failure triggers (mostly in fellow males) a need to distance themselves from his failure by belittling and mocking the guy.The video made me cringe but on examining why , I felt that on some level I could relate maybe not to ten headbutts but at least to the conflicted feeling of a seeming rejection that was laced with a tenderness that promised better things if I only push a little more...or should I?I feel that the ever increasing fear of failure and social paralysis in males today is a burden we inherit from our own gender and not just the feminist narrative.As males we can understand the guy in the video's failure more than a woman could yet we seem to be first in line to tear him down.

• The consensus seems to be that the girl's pleasant demeanor and giggling, her constant rubbing of his arms and her refusal to bluntly remove herself from the scenario was something that should not have confused the man. He should have known all along that she was just being polite.Now I understand that women may have been doing this historically to avoid any physical backlash that might arise from an abrupt and explicit rejection.But as an expectation from the average male, how reasonable is this?(Similar arguments come up when discussing LMR but this is a slightly exaggerated scenario that might be useful as an example)