Two weeks ago I went out with 3 female "friends" of mine (I don't believe in true friendship between males and females). I did know two of the girls and got to know the third one. I could tell from the get-go, that she was interested in me (playing with her hair, staring at my lips while I talked) and I found her attractive aswell, so at the end of the evening we exchanged numbers and the next day she added me on Facebook (she was clearly interested).

At that evening she told me, that she had an on-off relationship with her ex and that he dumped her, but I didn't think much of it at that time (I should've asked her, when it ended the last time to make sure, that she has emotionally healed).

A few days later I called her, to set up a date (always call them, it demonstrates confidence, even though I was a bit nervous) for last friday.

The date went well and we kissed about half an hour into the date and took a long walk after that, where she pressed up against me, before I walked her home.

As we parted ways she told me that she definitely wants to see me again soon, to which I agreed. The next day she chatted me up on Whatsapp and asked me for my schedule and we set up the next date. Later that day I received the following message from her:

She: I just talked to my ex-boyfriend and I think I still have feelings for him...I really enjoyed the time we spend yesterday :) But I think it would be best not to see each other again...

Me: The on-off thing? I really enjoyed the time aswell and I would love to see you in the future. There were hardly any meetings where I found someone so likeable from the get-go. If you change your mind, give me a call and maybe I'm still interested in seeing you :)

She: I found you really likeable aswell :) I will call you :)

I'm a bit frustrated to say the least and right after my response I thought, that I should've responded a bit more harshly like:

"Yeah, you're right. We shouldn't see each other again. You could fall in love with me, instead of chasing someone who dumped you and that would be terrible!"

Now that a few days have gone by, I'm glad that I didn't. Even though I think that her behaviour is stupid and that she is missing out on a great opportunity, I'm glad that I exited like a gentleman and didn't show her, that I was a bit pissed about her, going on a date while she still has feelings for someone else.

I will never text her again, unless she contacts me. My former self would've texted her maybe a few weeks later to check up on her, but over time I got experienced and learned to respect myself.

You should never chase someone who doesn't want you and I'm happy that I can look in the mirror without feeling like a little bitch, who tried to convince her to date me, instead of her ex.

I think what you can learn from the story is: Even if everything goes perfect and you did nothing wrong, there might be a chance that she will leave you for someone who she spent more time with in the past. Don't attach yourself to one girl, there are plenty fish in the sea. Always respect yourself enough to walk away, if she chooses someone else over you. It's her loss.

​