SUMMARY

Swedish 25 year old man had sex with a woman in a night club toilet; made a sound recording to be on the safe side; was later accused of rape but released thanks to the sound recording. Three years later, the woman was convicted (and sentenced to laughably small damages and fines) for false accusation.

http://archive.is/Id9ea (Google translated article by Swedish legal daily about the case.)

Some more info from the police investigation in the Edit section.

BODY

Back in 2013 a 25 year old "Swedish" immigrant was out clubbing at a dinghy nightclub in Stockholm and met a 19 year old girl whom he took to the club toilet and fucked. They were both in a playful and good mood and neither was remarkably drunk. All fine and dandy and I'm sure you've all done the same (albeit fucking people in dirty club toilets might not be my cup of tea). After the act, she gave him her number and off they went.

Sure enough, the next day the woman goes to the hospital and claims to have been raped. The woman pointed out the man's Facebook profile to the police and the man's DNA obviously matched the semen taken as part of the rape kit. The man admitted to having had sex, but presented an audio recording which caused the police to drop the investigation even though the woman maintained her story despite being confronted with the recording.

Instead, the woman was indicted and subsequently convicted for false accusations. As expected, the sentence and thus the consequence for putting someones job, future and social life in limbo, was a laughable $1600 in damages and a $380 fine.

Now interestingly enough, the reason the man had recorded the encounter was because he "had a hunch that it would be best to record what was going on" and that "there is a lot of talk going on about men being accused of rape." Well, apparently his gut feeling was dead on and so should all of ours be as well.

LESSONS LEARNED

• Don't have sex with people and in places or situations that expose yourself to rape accusations

• Cover your back, for example by an audio recording

EDIT So I got hold of the police investigation which confirmed most of my suspicions about what had gone on but wasn't reported in the paper. I guess you can extract a couple more RP truths out of it as well.

• The sound recording is classified, but it has been transcribed by a police officer: “The conversation that can be heard involves the girl wanting to be fucked hard and the man confirming that. The man insists on going out to his car, but the girl wants it to happen where they are, or it's not going to happen. The girl moans, then the man moans. The sound of glass shattering can be heard and the woman says the man now owes her a drink. The man and the girl discusses whether he came or not. The girl says she wants to come too. The man asks for her number and she gives it to him.” The initial conversation is transcribed in further detail by another officer: "A female voice is heard saying 'fuck me', the man answers 'shall I fuck you?', the female says 'so fucking hard', the man says 'shall I fuck you? I want to fuck you baby'."

• When the girl is confronted with the recording she initially says she “doesn’t want to hear it”. Later, she says during questioning that “she doesn’t recognise herself in the recording” and that “she can’t imagine herself doing such a thing.” She also says that “she reported a rape that she feels has happened” and that “it feels really annoying to be accused in return”.

• The guy in question was a chubby immigrant with a turkish-sounding name who spoke Swedish with an accent.

• The girl appears to be the all too common kind of lower-class girl from northern Sweden moved to Stockholm "in search of luck", i.e. going to clubs, blogging about her "posh life in the city" and trying to find a provider. Obviously, being banged by Apu in a club wasn't her idea of a good story to tell your friends, so when her friends found out, she went to the rape clinic.

• The guy tried to call her the next morning, but she didn't answer. Instead, he called her friends (he had gotten their numbers too) and mistakenly mentioned that they had fucked the night before. The friends immediately became defensive.

• The girl mentioned to the police that she has been raped once before (surprise surprise!), apparently when on vacation.