Summary

Vice report from the UK travels around the US in search of what makes an American man a man.

It's hard to stomach the entire video.

=

The New Wave of American Masculinity

The Gluttonous Alpha Male

Right off the bat the reporter plays off the tried and true stereotype of American's and finds some overweight guy that competes in eating contests. The guy claims eating a shit ton of food and not taking care of your body is a very manly tradition for Americans. He got the tradition part right, not the manly part unfortunately. It's funny that the over weight beta even makes fun of the reporter.

=

The RP Doctor

Next up is Dr Edward M. Stephens, an internationally-recognized physician and psychiatrist. The only actual man in this entire video. Using logic, neurology and science to prove his points. Not what he 'feels' masculinity is. Unfortunately his segment is short and edited to only show his statements, not his explanations, great attempt to soundbite him into a old misogynist that doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. Never mind he has a doctorate and dedicates his life to the study. At the end he notices the loaded question about stay at home dads and eloquently mocks it but in a PC fashion. He knows the status quo.

=

Stay at Home Dads

Now we get to stay at home dads. Personally i respect dedicating yourself to your child, unfortunately any boys being raised by these men are going to have a rude awaking when they get to the age of trying to bang girls with parental figures that teach them to be women.

=

Gay Is the New Way

Then we have Ray Rigoglioso, the auther of 'Gay Men and The New Way Forward'. His spin is he believes gay men are the path to a better society due to their unique ability to embrace both masculine and feminine traits. Now, I have read that gay men typically have a much higher IQ than their straight counter parts so this is an interesting spin I've never heard before. However i have no idea on it's factual validity or if he's just spewing self promotion to further book sales and making a living for himself. If anything, take from this guy that he's found a niche in our market. He's targeted a unique value in himself and he's effectively monetized it.

Edit: I really don't even know why this is in the video. It doesn't really have any correlation to the core concept and would be better off as it's own video. Except that /u/FLFTW16 pointed out that the 3 producers, are women, the researcher was a woman and 2 of the 3 editors are women. Gotta perpetuate feminism is better, right babe? I guess you can take another lesson on how not to do propaganda.

=

Boys 2.0

Lastly we have 'The Bravehearts'. A group of males, dare I say men, reverting back to boyhood to 'embrace' there true masculinity in a happy, huggy environment. There is even one ex-alpha. he states he use to bang chicks, was awesome at his career, traveled around the world and for whatever reason stopped all that. He comments that he "crashed and burned". Unfortunately we don't get to see what made him crash and burn.

They end the evening by doing a bunch or random, childish gestures to connect with their inner boy. I wish i could ask them, "Ya, didn't we do this... when we where boys?" If your idea of connecting with masculinity is to emulate your 8 year old self, you are utterly lost.

The best part of watching this is I had my plate over. Somewhere along the video the reporter states, "I'd like to have children some day". My plate immediately says, "This dude should never reproduce". Not a coincident that she's an extremely feminine girl and realizes what makes a man attractive and what doesn't. We live in a generation raised by separated parents or boys that have absolutely no masculine figure. The disparity between the men that get how to be attractive and masculine vs this next generation raised my men like this will only increase this divide. The 80% if this trend continues will probably be 90-95% by the next generation.

To bad these guys can't just pick up a history book, reflect on the last 7000 years of written history, study any depiction of a man in art through the centuries or read a book on biology and sexual dimorphism to see what makes a male attractive vs what doesn't. I guess they at least found happiness or some semblance of it. They just won't be climbing above what society has designed them for. Cog's make the world go round. At least they are blissfully ignorant of that fact.

Lessons Learned

=

Most men are utterly lost

This is the 80% we have to compete with

A good lesson on how not to be a man