[Editorial note: this post to r/AskMen by u/Product_of_80s today is so classic and perfect that it deserves to be reposted. Just to be clear I DID NOT WRITE THIS so stop trying to give me "advice" about it. This is not a "question". It is a blue pill example I am cross posting from reddit.]

I was with my ex for 7 years she’s 36 and I miss her all the time. I look at other women and they all seem like downgrades in comparison to my ex. She was perfect, great ass, great boobs slim waist, nice face. Everything about her physically was great, the internal not so much since she cheated on me and was manipulative and abusive at times. But part of me still wants her and I am extremely jealous of the guy she cheated on me with as he is now with her in a relationship. Whilst I can’t find anyone or am attracted to anyone. It’s been 8 months and I just feel stuck fantasizing about her and what she’s doing and how I am never going to be with a woman as hot as her ever again in my life.

The guy is completely different to me and I perceive him as far better looking than me and physically fitter than me. I feel she cheated because he was the better option. Also, I feel it’s hard to be attracted to only one type of woman and this is primarily where the issue lies is that I feel so attracted to her and no one else does it for me.

Update: To all the idiots stating I’m shallow and how I treated her like a piece of ass you're dead wrong. I was abused by this woman. I was rejected sexually and still respected her and loved her. I tried to communicate with her around our sex issues and how we could move forward but she always made it about herself and how she didn’t like being touched and stuff. If she did fall out of love with me which others are saying then why did she just not leave me? All through our relationship she kept saying to me I deserved better and stuff as she knew she treated me like shit but I always overlooked this and supported her. Yeah, I am in no way perfect but what I’m trying to say is I loved this woman--abuse and all. That’s all I’m saying so maybe read up on trauma bonding before insulting me or calling me a simp boy.