Go back in evolutionary tens of thousands of years, before bows and arrows and agriculture. We are talking only 10,000 years ago agriculture was invented which is the blink of an eye in the grand scheme of things. And of course it’s certainly no time at all in terms of evolutionary psychology which is relevant for mating which if you’re on this subreddit you probably care about.

How did you kill an animal before bows and arrows? You outran it. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistence_hunting

Yup, you read that right. Check out that Wikipedia page. You want to be the alpha male? Sure you had to defend against neighboring warring tribes, maybe compete for physical dominance within your own tribe. But if you wanted to be valuable to the tribe, you couldn’t just be this hunky dude that gets winded easily after running for a little bit. You had to be able to run long distances to survive and be a valuable person, and therefore a valuable mate.

Any of you who are suffering from depression at all, it is HIIT/cardio/running that is going to get you out of the slump, not lifting. Don’t do this for chicks, do this for you. But trust me no girl wants a depressed dude, it makes no evolutionary sense.

Red pill says number 1 rule is lifting. When I had the most mojo in my life (in early college) I was running at least 2 miles a day. I took a 9-5 job and I stopped running cause I thought I had no time for it. But according to many of the people on Asktrp and theredpill, they say “oh don’t worry just lift.” Well I stupidly took their advice. My SMV plummeted and I tried everything but my mojo was just never like before.

Finally I went against the mainstream thought in theredpill about running. I began running 2 miles a day again. The cognitive benefits are waaaay better than lifting.

I’m not saying not to lift. Do it. But you can’t leave out running. If you can’t find time then make time. And run hard. If you have a treadmill go at the fastest speed you can at the highest incline. Push yourself. It’s so worth it.