So I was skimming over the front page of Reddit to see if there was anything interesting in the 4 or 5 subs that actually have content and not just full of shit. The science ones tend to be interesting for instance. I also like to have a couple ''Test'' subreddits just to remind myself of the usual crap one sees on the entire site, such as Askreddit for example.

So today we had this gem delivered in a post called ''Women of reddit, what about men baffles you the most?''. The red pill curiosity kicked in automatically and I dived in expecting to see both, bluepill stupidity and the inevitable red pill wisdom handed to the plebs in a silver plate.

Boy, did I ever.

Besides the fact that the two most upvotes answers were regarding men's balls (The female gender at work), one of them talked about how men don't find themselves beautiful or something like that (feel free to check the thread yourselves, I can't link to other subs from here).

So this is what I found that amazed me the most from a guy called kaminohanshin:

Cause no one tells us we're sexy. No one is constantly patting us on the back saying 'you look good as you are!' or telling us 'this looks good on you!' like women get. Rarely do men get much praise for being who they are, especially compared to women. Men look around and see they get no attention for being men, at least not obvious attention like putting up a selfie on FB and suddenly a flood of women tell them they look 'cute'. All media seems to point to one thing: you are worth fuck all unless you ARE someTHING, or you DO something. You are not kaminohanshin, you are 'that guy who saved kittens from a flood', you are 'Kaminohanshin, the CEO'. No one gives a fuck about kaminohanshin, in stories. Its 'the king' or 'the knight' who is important, men who are something or do something. All these guys tend to have something in common: they are powerful, they are in-shape, and they are smart or witty. No one goes on about the hair, they go on about how their arms bulged as they threw that dragon across the room, or how they outsmarted another army and pulled the victory out of the jaws of defeat.

So we assume no one is looking at us for us. We assume everyone is looking at what we DO. What role do we preform in society, or what we have done to make us worth something. The idea that simply being who we are is attractive is just lost to us because all our lives we've been shown we're worth nothing at face value. We have to EARN our right to be 'people'. That's why the random goons are all gunned down are men, and are all nameless and faceless. Because they are, they aren't people because they aren't the big boss or the protagonist, or they have something about them that makes them part of the story. 'The chick', simply being female, makes you a character, in media, its a trope. The men all have to have SOMETHING about them, the nerd, the leader, the asshole anything.

This guy got gold (reddit's Pavlonian conditioning tool) FOUR times, in a thread that was obviously full of women and beta men.

Just goes to show.

EDIT: As of today, the comment in question has over 4 times the gold it had. The guy can now open his own jewelry.