There have been many links tied to single mothers raising blue pilled sons and one common narrative that is seen in my observation is young men having to "man up" in the absence of their father and instilling a provider mindset that often carries into adulthood.

Quick background on myself for context: My father was in the military service well before I was born up until the point that I was 16. He often traveled as a result so at the age of 7, he dropped me and my family in our hometown as he continued to travel around. My parents were still together this entire time but as I was lucky to see him a few times a year maximum during this time, my mother was not a "single mother" in the traditional sense but the affects on my upbringing were all the same as if she was minus the providing of his income (which might as well have been child support payments in light of this)

From a young age I was extremely rowdy. I took no shit from anyone, I took what I wanted and was extremely ambitious. Through out my upbringing though this was slowly beaten out of me under the narrative of "manning up." When my father would leave for duty I was named defacto head of the household. What this led to is me instilling beliefs in myself that it was my duty to forgo doing the things I wanted to do to stay home and take care of my mother and several sisters. While the other boys were out playing games, socializing, doing the things young boys should be doing, I was playing the role of protector of the house hold. To add to this I have an extremely doting and needy mother so I was sheltered from doing most things a young man should be doing at this age.

While at the time I thought it was for my own best interest, after coming to the red pill and seeing things how they are, I came to the shocking and slightly disturbing fact that I had been turned into a sort of pseudo husband in his absence. My sole purpose was to fulfill the emotional and attentive role he would have filled and I was being blocked and dissuaded from living my own life to fill this role. Also of little help was the fact that my father is pretty alpha in his own sense but for the limited times that he was around took absolutely no role as head of the house hold and assigned all decision making both of me and the house to my mother. I guess he decided it wasn't his place to since he was rarely there or because he simply didn't care to. In either case the reasoning is void.

School was no better as maybe 90\% of my teachers were women, as well as all the head positions like principal. These women often dissuaded manly behavior and even punished it. It was an extremely equalist environment and so from a young age well into adulthood I was taught to be subservient to women and my sole purpose was to take care of their emotional needs and follow their rules often at the expense of my own life and happiness.

As you can imagine, this carried over into the limited relationships that I had. Whenever I would peruse a woman or even stumble my way into a relationship (I'm decently attractive looking by conventional standards and often I would temporarily attract women from appearance alone until my deep blue pilled conditioning behavior quickly drove most away,) I entered into them with the same frame that was instilled into me from the time that I was a boy. From the frame of "manning up" I learned from my mother and father and teachers. My default relationship with women was to be subservient, doting and to provide.

As for how this related to my Red Pilled journey and the theory I'm proposing today, eventually after many failed attempts at relationships, I was blessed to stumble upon the Red Pill. I was lucky to find it at the time that I did because all my previous experience and observations had me in a place to be fully receptive to everything I was reading with very little hesitation on my point. My first thought was that I had a lot to learn, which was and still is true but further into my journey I started to see that a lot of what I needed to do was to UNLEARN bad habits that I had picked up and as opposed to learning new ones. As I said, when I was a boy I was extremely ambitious, self motivated and drew boundaries on anyone that got into my way. I was shamed into becoming a slave. I remember often being told that I was selfish, that I thought of nobody but myself and that I wasn't being a "man" by not accepting responsibilities that were never my own to begin with. It wasn't as much that I needed to learn my alpha behaviors but that I need to unlearn the beta behaviors that were beaten and shamed into me my entire life, for the sole purpose of pleasing and fulfilling women's needs.

In conclusion often when boys and men come from single mother household, they make their mother and women as a whole their priority. Either by their own hand or their mothers. Often their red pill journey will be one of unlearning what they have known their entire lives and reinstalling a sense of self and becoming comfortable with making their own life their priority. They must relearn what it truly means to "man up."