We're at this bar, smoking cigs on the balcony--myself, her, and a few of my buddies-- when this guy comes up and starts macking on her. He strolls up like, "Sorry I think you dropped something... my jaw."

Whatever. Dudes will flirt. I'm standing there, lightly grilling him on his nerdy cashmere sweater, not really paying him mind. However, I notice my girl starts making heavy eye contact with him. At one point, he's holding out this peppermint candy to her, asking, "You want it?" My girl says: "Feed it to me." While looking him dead in the eyes. There was no mistake: it was seductive af. I also noticed she was lightly running her fingertips up his stomach/torso.

At this point, I grab her HARD by the forearm, yank her over to the side, and say, "Do NOT fucking disrespect me like that. Ever." "Do you want me to walk on you?" etc. Suddenly, flirty-boy's posse steps up and they're like, "Don't touch her yo." "Why you being rough with her?" etc.

I tell them to mind their business and they back off. I'm fucking pissed, so, I storm off to the staircase (the balcony at this bar was upstairs). My friends are downstairs ordering drinks. I find them and prepare to leave as my girl's coming up behind me. I'm completely ignoring her and she's crying. We're starting to walk out and she's getting increasingly hysterical, shouting at me, saying, "You have no idea how much I've given up for you! I cut off everyone!"

We continue walking down the street; her yelling and crying, me ignoring her, my friends awkwardly walking ahead of us. At one point I start splitting off in the other direction from her, to head to my friend's house, and she goes: "FINE!"

Not even 10 seconds later she comes running back up to me. Pleading. "I can't do this" she sobs.

Eventually she gets really fucking hysterical (especially after I told her to fuck off) and at this point it's a legit scene. We're standing in the goddamn pouring rain and she's yelling and crying, her fucking makeup running everywhere. Repeating the same excuses over and over. She's saying sorry, and yet, also proclaiming she "doesn't remember" and "doesn't know what she did."

Anyways. That night was the 1st time she told me she loves me. Neither of us had said it before over the 8 months we've been seeing each other (and we did have an LTR for a short period).

Did I overreact here? From my retelling of the story it may sound like it, but all I did was swiftly reprimand her then ignore her. The other 80% of the time was her meltdown.

Frame is king.