TLDR: Here's the actual question, you can feel free to skip the rest: Why do we lift? Confidence gains? Size? Other? How long did it take you feel more confident? To start seeing gainz in the mirror? To other?

Me: 30m/5'10/180lbs/17%bf

Been lifting for 2.5 months, just switched to a 4day a week split from full body 3 days a week. I found a trainer at a powerlifting gym who has me doing a lot of compound lifts + accessory work. I also have a fucked up back, still squatting and dl'ing, but working up very slowly.

The first 3 weeks I was lifting I got these highs that made me feel amazing through the next day. While I don't have that high anymore, lifting is the high point of my day, it's the only part of my day I don't feel like shit, the only part of the day where I don't hate myself, if gains didn't happen while we rest i'd be lifting 7 days a week. The only thing I'm focused on is pushing out that last rep, adding a few pounds to what I did the session prior and making brogress... My mind is just clear. Lifting started off as a chore, but has become a routine for me now it is something I must do. It's my #1 priority, people get pissed at me when I can't go somewhere or do something because I chose to lift, but fuck them I've always felt like shit because of my 13" biceps and that shit will change. This for me has been the biggest impact in my life through lifting, it's a part of my day I actually look forward to.

I have realized some confidence gains in life, but In a way I feel like I should expect more the way everyone talks about lifting and confidence.

I've gained 10lbs. I haven't really seen any changes in the mirror yet. My arms and chest look slightly bigger, but maybe it's in my head. My gut is definitely bigger... I realize it's only been a couple months, I'd guess it'll take a while before I start to see definite mirror gains. I understand getting swole doesn't happen overnight and takes years of training...