TLDR: how do I respond to the question "are you fucking anyone else?"

Fwiw I lift, I have three plates at them moment (I had four), and I've read the sidebars.

Plate #1 asked me this question about two weeks ago. I usually see her when we are both on campus for separate college classes twice a week. She was my longest and preferred plate. So I was sitting in the library and she stormed up and angrily asked "are you fucking anyone else?" I was caught off guard and attempted to be vague by saying something like "I didn't think we were official". I fumbled through the conversation but eventually said "yeah why?" She was still visibly upset but made small talk for a minute or two before walking away with a friend she had presumably brought for backup.

The next time I saw her, things were better and she was jokingly still mad at me but we still go fuck in a bathroom (we do this on campus occasionally). Afterwards, out of fear that she would revenge fuck someone else, I brought it up. I basically said "I am going to keep fucking other people and I would like it if you didn't fuck anyone else". Surprisingly she agreed to this. Now the plate is broken though because she has turned me down for sex for the first time last week and did it again two days later. Next.

Plate #2 does not know plate #1 but brought this up in the car the other day. "Are you sleeping with anyone else?" I attempted to be vague again, which didn't work, and so I eventually said "yeah why?" again. She asked how many girls and I said "enough" with a smirk. Then I assured her I'm having fun with her and then we fucked around. This plate is not broken yet imo.

I fucked up by trying to define some half-open relationship with plate #1. But how do I respond to that question? Just a pressure flip off the bat? "Yeah why?" It caught me off guard. I'm just here trying to improve myself and learn from the experience of losing my favorite plate.

Edit: formatting

Edit 2: how do I format on my iPhone please help