Never really understood how to gain status in a practical way.

What are some practical examples and things someone could do to start gaining status?

What comes to my mind is building social circles, becoming a famous musician/rapper/whatever, becoming a leader of men (politician) etc.

All these converge to one thing: leading men and women in a subconscious way; the musicians have people listening to them and singing their song which is for me another way to say "you are listening and singing my music so I'm leading". Same thing goes for politicians etc.

All this is theory, but are there some real practical examples? I might sound like someone looking for short-term results, but I'm just confused and lost. I also know you only gain value by doing and not thinking.

The thing is I really don't know what to do, I'm literally wandering in my mind.

I know at first sight it could sound like a stupid question, but I don't think I'm the only one stuck in this phase. I guess the cause of all this is probably the fear of failure, thus we do nothing instead of even trying doing something which could (possibly) add value.

My alter ego would say "just do something" which could actually be the reply to my own question, but what do you all suggest? I'm looking for multiple advice.

Thanks guys.