At a bookstore a couple caught my eye. The guy looked a lot like me, but with a sloppy neckbeard, slightly overweight, programmer glasses, wearing a graphic tee and cargo pants. Tall as me. His girl was nearly petite, but very very hot, dressed super clean and nice with a tight body, and they walked away with her hand tucked in his back pocket.

At first I checked to see if they weren’t brother and sister, and when it was clear they weren’t it struck me as so peculiar I wanted to somehow how pull the guy aside and ask how he lives life. It was like watching a Seth Rogen movie except this guy was slightly more pasty and less affable.

Can anyone lend some insight into these types? Are guys like this just super mentally healthy and somehow figured things out? The old me would have gotten so mad with myself for thinking I need to be a greek god to get women like that, but now I’m just genuinely curious. I just cannot get out of my head around beautiful women and moments like this prove that the only problem in my way is my attitude.