I went and danced, outcome-independnet. The hottest girl there eventually started dancing with me, I only danced a respectful distance with some turning away (on my part) for a beat or two then turning back, and when she really warmed up so did I, however I kept my hands behind my back, so that she had to push against me to escalate rather than the other way around. I didn't take any steps toward her and, as mentioned, moved away several times and returned to facing her. Girl was totally into it. (Also she likely saw me 'reject' as in not dance with several other women on the dance floor.)

I felt a push, and was like WTF. Her much older female friend (not sure how they were friends) had pushed me. So I stayed outcome independent and started dancing with her (the much older friend), keeping frame. She was PISSED, like how dare I dance with her friend. I ignored that and just danced, in place, facing her and keeping frame. she got so pissed she started choking me, in response to which I grabbed her hands and removed them from my throat (this literally happened, I NEVER EVER EVER EVER would have believed this actually happens, I would have thought rapists are inventing these stories - this is why it's called "the red pill" and why some people think there's a hidden truth, like the matrix. There's 100% a hidden truth. It's not a cult or religion. It blew me away, how much this matches red pill stories - I simply would not believe this happens on the dance floor). Anyway she went away then, I just stood my ground and kept dancing. To be very clear: this means she had assaulted me on the dance floor. If a bouncer had seen this he would have thrown her out. So they all left, probably the superhot girl had a private talk with her.

Later the super hot girl was back with a vengeance omg she was so impressed by seeing me hold frame versus her friend. But I just ignored her, I don't need this kind of thing in my life.

Okay, so the question is: how SHOULD I have handled it. Do I need the permission of every girl's friends to dance with a girl? Isn't it enough that a girl wants to dance with me, why do I have to judge their friends' moods?

Just to be clear I'm fit and attractive but in my mid-thirties whereas this girl was maybe 21 at youngest. (no underage possibility or anything) Her much older friend was at least 38 but probably over 40s. I have no idea why they were friends.

Back at home, I was still processing this (yes, between us, it doesn't feel good to get assaulted when I did absolutely zero wrong) and I realize that perhaps in a way her friend was doing me a favor by being this super-hot girl's "protector". This is why this super-hot girl can come and dance with whoever she wants (in this case me) without having half the dance floor trying to grind against her. If her friend had to push away 10 people the superhot girl didn't want to to dance with, to present the clear opportunity for the friend to dance with me, is that really so bad for me?

So this is the reason why I feel that maybe I should have handled it differently - like explicitly looked at her friend (when the superhot girl is turned away) and ask via sign-language whether she will let me dance with her younger friend? (But likely the older woman would have shaken her head NO!!(.

This seems bizarre but it is what it is. How do you feel about this situation and how should I have handled it? (By the way I ignored them the rest of the night and left early, around 2, they were outside I just cheerfully said bye to them as though nothing had happened or I didn't remember who they were. they didn't reply. I still think the older one hates me and would present me as a rapist type person. if there were video footage it would totally validate my description, I believe I did not take one step toward the hotter girl and perhaps only even danced with my hands behind my back.)

thanks for any thoughts.