Quick context and background:I met a girl (i'll call her Jessica) about two years ago at a job i had and asked her out for a date. It was fun, and she proposed a second one. However, she then rejected my next two invitations saying she was busy, so i dropped it. Then she asks me out, but i (genuinely) couldn't that day and comms just eventually ceased.

About a year later, as i was dating my current ex, Jessica texts randomly and asks to go out sometime, but since i was getting serious with this other girl, i politely declined. Since then, she eventually comments some of my whatsapp status and have very concrete short convos.

A week ago i decided to ask her out again. She seemed pretty eager and accepted. The day before she sent me a voice note confirming attendance and what-not. But today, the day of the date, she completely dissapeared. Not even playing the voice note i sent her or answering the single text i sent. Naturally, she didn't show up.

I fail to comprehend her behaviour. She was so excited a moment ago! The night before the date, i went out clubbing with some friends and uploaded some pics of that to my whatsapp status. Perhaps seeing that i went drinking the day before of the date dissuaded her somehow?

It's been about four hours since the agreed time passed, and she shows no signs of life (i catched her online a while ago), Haven't insisted or texted again, and i'm planning on just dropping the whole matter unless she writes back with a good reasoning and a reschedule ('cause i'm into this girl.

Why did these events happened? I've never seen it (or being stood up) before and am baffled.

What should i do, if anything?

​

Update: She called and claimed that she had some serious family matters and felt very ashamed. She proposed to reschedule for tomorrow or the weekend

​