I have never lifted weights in my whole life. Well, may be acted as if I was doing so some 3 years ago and stopped in a month.

I discovered TRP around a year ago. But due to injury of shoulder tendonitis, could not lift weights. (Got injured while Kayaking, this is how weak my muscles are.)

Now that I recovered, last thing I want is to get injured again. Hence this question and all the precaution. I know the suffering of knowing what is right, but not being able to do it.

I am interested in size, if strength gets bigger, good, but size is must for me. I am 5.5", 140 pounds skinny fat with love handles atm.

I reviewed the answers from the previous posts that 5x5 is where beginners gotta start. Is it true for someone with really weak muscles?
I came across [this] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JABysaGd09A) video while researching for the best program for me. He states compound movements are to be avoided, to which my gut agrees, but comments on the video do not.

Could you point me to the resources? Do not wish to pay the personal trainer, do not have a lot of money and would not like to spend on something like 'where to start'.