"The police are by nature left wing." I don't believe this statement can stand up to scrutiny and challenge. This concerns American left/right model politics. TiberiusBravo87, you're hereby challenged to support your claim. Others who agree with this position may join in with their reasons why.

The bulk of American Democrats have questions about police use of force and jail statistics, especially where they appear to be applied unequally to different groups. In the current zeitgeist, "Defund the police" comes from far authleft positions.

The American right has long held "Law and order" and "Strong military" as core party plank level values. The bulk of American Republicans take a vocal "support our police/the troops" position in opposition to what the left is doing. Libright Libertarians and Republicans of strong principle favor limits on police/military/government power, but the bulk of meat and potatoes Republican voters are so reflexively oppositional to "the libs" that they made the argument "I'm not a terrorist so why should I oppose the Patriot Act and the TSA now while we have the chance?" as one of their more notorious examples of favoring obvious hardcore Authoritarian changes to American policy and standards.

In theory, the police act only within the scope of what laws citizens have given their prior consent to, something most reasonable Americans agree upon. Let's not get "enforcing the law" and "applying authoritarian rule by unilateral force" twisted here.